An event has been held today at Neo Studio in Taipei for the upcoming album. Some lucky fans have been able to hear info about 呸 PLAY from Jolin herself but also 6 songs off the album! Smartphones have been confiscated before the actual listening.
呸 PLAY tracklist
1. PLAY我呸/PLAY Wo Pei/PLAY
2. 第三人稱/Di San Ren Cheng/Third Party
3. 美杜莎/Mei Du Sha/Medusa
4. 第二性/Di Er Xing/The Second Sex
5. I'm Not Yours (feat. Namie Amuro)
6. 不一樣又怎樣/Bu Yi Yang You Zen Yang/It's Not The Same So What
7. 唇語/Chun Yu/Lip Language
8. 電話皇后/Dian Hua Huang Hou/Phony Queen
9. Miss Trouble
10. 自愛自受/Zi Ai Zi Shou*
*I can't figure out a translation for that one at the moment... It's about self-respect or something?
What we know at the moment:
- 第二性 The Second Sex: lyrics & music by Cheer Chen who got inspired by Le Deuxième Sexe (The Second Sex in English) by Simone de Beauvoir. It seems that the lyrics are homophones with Jolin's name (1 & 0 aka yi & ling). It's an uptempo song.
- Miss Trouble: co-composed by Jolin, lyrics by Ge Dawei.
- 不一樣又怎樣 It's Not The Same So What: lyrics by Albert Leung, music by Machoboy. The song is about marriage, basically it's saying that gender, ethnicity and class don't matter as long as there is love. The song conveys "positive energy".
- 自愛自受 Zi Ai Zi Shou: lyrics by Shiren Cheung, music by William Wei.
- 第三人稱 Third Party: lyrics by Tom Wang, music by JJ Lin (Mosaic).
- 美杜莎 Medusa: lyrics by Yan Yunnong (Black-haired beautiful girl, The Great Artist, Journey).
- 唇語 Lip Language: a ballad. Lyrics by Liang Jinxing and music by Huang Sheng-Feng (both created Nothing left to say).
呸 PLAY will be released on November 15th.
Pre-order 呸 PLAY
Play With The Blonds version
Play With Medusa version